Best Slam of all Time

Please go watch this video before reading any of my blogs. If you do not get the chills then please, go. I have nothing more to offer you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zldHoEaolhs

Thursday, April 19, 2007

You Better Get Me First

I made all of my students raise their right hands and promise to never bring a gun to school. I also told them that if they do, they better come and take me out first, otherwise, I'll be coming after them (sorry babe). It makes me so mad to hear about how cowards are making all the headlines these days. The only hero stories I've heard was about the proffessor who nobly defended his students, and that came by word of mouth. I listen to the news on the radio during my commutes and never heard a thing about it. By the way, the media got the story all wrong. They said something about the killer being described as a 23 year-old Korean man. Not even close. The individual who went into that school was not a man. He was a little piece of chicken$#*&. I refuse to be put in the same human category as him. There was neither responsibility nor accountability involved. If you want to be brave, go on a shooting rampage at a military base. And you know what, media? I don't want to hear that sick bastards voice or see his devil face so get it OFF the tv and internet. I'm pissed tht Yahoo! homepage had his picture as the headline. Let's give some airtime to people who deserve it. Like off-duty police officers or sefless instructors.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They better get you first Kip? What if its YOU they are after?! Its kinda like the TAKE 5 with the Predator . . . Aaahhh!!

But seriously, I say arm them all. Then the one guy that brings a gun to school to do harm has to face 1000 other armed students wanting to keep the peace.

"Speak softly and carry an AK-47"
-Teddy Roosevelt

Megan said...

I hate guns, but I have to agree with Davey on this. Let them carry guns and he wouldn't have killed so many people.

Anonymous said...

It's not that simple. When an individual gets to that point, they are going to find a way to hurt those he feels is responsible one way or another. If everyone had guns, he just would have gone with something bigger, like a bazooka or a canon.

My question is why there was no follow-up with the counseling he was spposed to have had? That may have been early enough to make a difference, but we'll never know now.

spooner said...

I've stopped watching the news. I watch the weather but that's it because I'm sick of seeing all the crap that's going on. The news people could easily fill up the hour with national heros or even hometown heros. If people saw some good in the world instead of all this crap then this might be alittle better in the world. It wouldn't suprise me if some people just do it for their 15 minutes of fame but what would happen if no one ever recognized it?