Best Slam of all Time

Please go watch this video before reading any of my blogs. If you do not get the chills then please, go. I have nothing more to offer you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zldHoEaolhs

Sunday, April 15, 2007

UFC Vs WWF


Whitney and I went to Wingers (bottomless wings) the other day and we were seated right in front of the tv. It was forced to a channel containing kick-boxing matches. I watched them for a minute, and let me tell you something, it was drop dead boring. These guys had no motif, zero crowd appeal, no electricity, and every ten seconds or so, the referee would separate them and they would have to start all over. At the end, JUDGES decided who won the match. This got me to thinking about Ultimate Fighting Champion as well. Some people Rick think that the UFC is great because it is real. I guess as in they don't know who the winner is beforehand. I'm sorry, but to watch people seriouslt beat each other up seems a little crude and barbaric to me. What are we, flaming Romans? Plus, it's very slow to watch and a match I did see involved them laying on top of each other and every few seconds the guy on top would punch the guy on bottom. wow. If that is what's called "real" then send me to the Land of the Wuzzles. Then there is the WWF (Wilderness Wildlife foundation be damned!). These stars can get a crowd for or against them at their whim. They command the fans and put the "awe" in audience.
They are funny, fit, and fantastic performers. They perform amazing feats of strength (I refer you to the video at the top) and agility. Give me the Rock and HHH, now there is a match I could watch for 20 minutes. Hardy Boys vs Edge & Christian. You better believe you'll see some chair shots and fantastic stunts performed with ladders. Some people say wrestling is fake. They are stupid. It's as real as anything you watch on tv. In fact, the proof that it is more real than some shows comes from the fact that that fairie is still on American Idol. These stars perform up to three times a week in a grueling 10-20 minute match that is physically demanding and draining. I once did a five minute talent show where we wrestled and I was completely exhausted at the end. They are in shape, perform remarkably, and hype it all up with exciting and comical monologues. If you can't appreciate the work they do for the fans, then you are either a communist or a soccer fan.

7 comments:

Megan said...

Kip, I am a communist.

Anonymous said...

Effin' soccer fans!

Kip said...

To Mayday:
You must watch at least three of those wrestling videos. It's a rule.

Anonymous said...

You may want to point out the sheer number of wrestlers who've been forced into retirement due to extreme injury. Most don't have very long careers because the toll it takes on their bodies is so demanding. What about Owen Hart? How many of those UFC guys have ever DIED doing their jobs?

Whit said...

I must admit, I do like the Rock's monologues. And Kip, you're not one to talk about links on blogs to other people's pages. I still don't see my link on your page yet ps.

Anonymous said...

Oh no. Whitney now ends statements with a "PS"...she already talks like the rest of the family! I was going to try to warn her away from us Saunders when i got out there, but it looks like her journey down the path to the dark side is already complete.

Jef Saunders said...

The UFC is superior to WWF because it prepares you for battle in the real world. I can throw a Triangle, Cumorah, and a Rear Naked Choke while you're still setting up a stool to do a body slam (oh no, not a body slam!). UFC answers the age old question: which is the superior martial art? These guys cross-train as Mixed martial artists, combining Mui Thai with Jui Jitsu, wrestling with kickboxing. And the best mixed martial artists so far have come to the UFC with a dominating wrestling backgrounds (get up Jef!). UFC...Thursday nights...only on Spike TV!