Best Slam of all Time

Please go watch this video before reading any of my blogs. If you do not get the chills then please, go. I have nothing more to offer you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zldHoEaolhs

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Wow! What a deal!

I was recently at Del Taco with Whitney (I know, we go a lot of places together). As I was standing in line to order, I saw a huge poster advertising one of their new promotions. In giant letters, it let me know that I could buy five chicken soft tacos for just $3.95. "Wow!", I thought to myself. Maybe I want five chicken soft tacos for just under four bucks. Ever the math calculator, I glanced up at the menu to get the base price of a single chicken soft taco to see how much money I would save by being so smart. There it was. "CHICKEN SOFT TACO.........$.79". I had to check my math again. So one taco is 79 cents... if I get five tacos at 79 cents... that's just 5 times 79... carry the decimal over two spaces... wait! That can't be right. What!?! In case you haven't already calculated in your head, 5 times .79 equals 3.95! What a deal! No, wait. What friggin' morons! Either they are so dumb that they are thinking "Yeah. That'll save them some money." or they think WE are so dumb we'll think "Wow! I'd be a fool NOT to buy them in a 5 taco package." Well, not today buddy! It's almost as bad as going to a dollar store to see a sale sign saying "Clearance. Two for 2 Dollars". Since I refuse to become party to idiots, I avoided the chicken soft taco altogether and went for the deluxe combo burrito and a macho taco. Yeah! Nice try! You ain't pulled the wool over on this one!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that you were at Del Taco while waiting for your two large pizzas from Pizza Hut. Amazing how much food you can put down at one sitting.

bridgette said...

It has been at least 24 hours since you have posted your blog...Gary is still watching the wrestling video over and over again. As I type he is in the other room on his laptop saying "ohhhhhh", and again a few seconds later....."ohhhhhhhh, that is awesome". I guess, he needs some break from preparing his seminary lesson and what better way to be uplifted?

Anonymous said...

I actually used your website as an example in seminary today. I told the kids, "I know wrestling is fake, I found that out when I was 18. But Hulk Hogan slamming Andre the Friggin' Giant in WrestleMania III is anything but fake. My brother says, 'If you don't get chills thinking about that, I have nothing to offer you'" I continued, "In much the same way, if you can read section 138 of D&C and not get the chills, I have nothing to offer you." With that, we were off on a scripture adventure. Thanks Kip.

Megan said...

I hate that friggin video. I also want to let you know that I will not go away.

Whit said...

I'm with Megan on that one. That video gets on my nerves. Also, I would like to clarify that I did not order anything at Del Taco. I thought that two large pizzas would be enough to satisfy the four of us. Apparently, I was wrong.

*ethan* said...

so if i want 6 taco's do think they would put of a sign that says 6 CHICKEN TACOS FOR $4.74??

Anonymous said...

All of you Princess Bride fans are just big babies if you think Andre got his big break in acting and is such a gentle giant, right? Well you can stop demeaning his memory by quoting "Anybody wanna peanut" unless you equally appreciate how awesome he was for letting Hogan do that. I need to go get a sweater for these chills.

Kip said...

To Anonymous:
You are very wise. Make sure that the sweater is double knit.