Best Slam of all Time

Please go watch this video before reading any of my blogs. If you do not get the chills then please, go. I have nothing more to offer you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zldHoEaolhs

Thursday, August 23, 2007

No duh it's a drought!

It seems that every summer people in Utah start shouting out about this drought we are in. Ok, it's probably true. I mean, Utah IS merely a giant desert covered in under-construction freeways and chapels. So drought is someting we have come to terms with. Water preservation, apparantly, is a different story. Whenever my apartment complex gets the sprinklers going, Whitney and I get into a panic. With lightening speed, we close the door, run to our cars to seal them up, and get in our bathing suits in case we need to go outside. Why? The flood is coming? I think some idiot has planted seeds in the cement and asphault because that seems to be where the comcentration of water hits. Thank heaven we are conserving water on the lawns because I do notice that the grass is fairly dry. That's good. Now we just need to run a candidate for governor under the slogan of "cut back on watering your driveways!" I'd vote for him. Unless of course he was pushing for the soccer stadium.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do they water at noon? It seems that people also like to water during the hottest part of the day. Don't you think? I just have to let Captain run around the backyard and my lawn gets all the moisture it needs . . . and a little up on our patio too.

PS- No joke, my word verification to leave this commment was DOGmcfpx!

Megan said...

You are so silly. I hate it too, people are so dumb about watering sometimes.